This page contains details about what is required to apply for the Adventure Works Bush Adventure Therapy Training Course.
Prospective applicants are asked to take the time to become familiar with the course prior to applying. In partiular the course guide contains a great deal of useful information. Access to all the course information including the course guide can be found on the course summary page.
To apply, you will need to prepare and send us the following information. It is preferred that you email us this information but postal mail is also accepted. Documents can be in either pdf or word format. You can email your application material to the course liaison Ben Knowles.
- Evidence of an undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Evidence of at least two years of relevant work experienc
- A 500 word statement by the prospective student addressing:
- What attracts you to this course?
- What experience do you bring to this course?
- What do you hope to achieve through this course?
- Why are you drawn to working with people?
- What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the BAT field?
- Two referee letters: one character referee and one professional referee. These should be no more than 500words and include contact phone or mobile details of the referee.
- A current First Aid qualification (level 2)
- A current ‘Working With Children’ Check or a plan for attaining one (or equivalent required by the state/territory in which you will be doing your field placement)
- A recent National Police Certificate (Criminal Records Check – Name Only) (not more than 12 months old, or evidence that one is in the process of being obtained)
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with us via the contact page on this site.